SC - yogurt Cheese 101?

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Wed May 2 13:03:27 PDT 2001

> If i want fruit flavored yogurt, i get "Brown Cow", which made of
> milk, cultures, and fruit and is sweetened only with a small amount
> of maple syrup - no sugar, no corn syrup (and no honey, which flavor
> tends to take over whatever it's used in) - and it isn't very sweet,
> which i like. Better than putting jam into yogurt. This is a local,
> Northern California brand - but i think i heard they're getting
> distributed outside of this region...
>
> Anahita

     It's possible there is more than one Brown Cow yoghurt out there,
but as far as I know, Brown Cow is not a Northern California brand.  It
has been here in the Finger Lakes region of New York for in the
neighborhood of 25 years (still being made in Newfield) from their brown
cows (they keep Jerseys, I believe).  Got to stick up for home-grown!  I
remember when the packaging was plain white containers with a label stuck
on by hand; no colors, no pictures.

Sandra Kisner
sjk3 at cornell.edu