SC - bananas

micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Wed May 2 17:28:38 PDT 2001

> I basically agree, just because one banana made it somewhere in
> Europe in late period, doesn't mean they should proliferate at SCA
> banquets.
>
> I have read that bananas were eaten by Near Easterners in period,
> however. So perhaps at a Near Eastern banquet, although i haven't
> found a recipe that includes them yet.

Hey folks, please understand that I in no way said that because we have
one banana peel found, they were therefore period. All I said was that
since the person in question asked if it would be ok to serve them, this
might head off the authenticity mavens that might have something to say
about it. Period.

Micaylah