SC - yogurt Cheese 101?

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Tue May 1 07:21:22 PDT 2001

In a message dated Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:59:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Chris Stanifer <jugglethis at yahoo.com> writes:

>I think the original post was rather non-specific as
>to whether she was looking for period uses for the
>cheese.  I think she just wanted to know if anyone had
>made it before, and what types of flavorings/additives
>we have used.  If she was looking for period uses,
>then I retract my previous posts, for I have never
>made 'documented' yoghurt cheese.
>
>Balthazar of Blackmoor

No, this time I wasn't looking for a period recipe. Making this type of cheese just sounds fun, easy and quick, and I would like to try it. It also sounded like it would be good on bagels, and since I have a sweet tooth, I was curious to know if anyone had tried it with fruit. I think the only variations that had been mentioned at that point were savory options. :)

Thanks to all who responded. :) I'm definately gonna give this a try. Does it work with not fat yogurt or does it need to be whole milk yogurt?

Thanks,

Ilia

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."

http://auctions.yahoo.com/