SC - Re: Spanish recipe

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 20:11:26 PDT 2001

>Subject: SC - need spanish recipe
>
>Hello all.  I am hoping someone can post a relatively quick and easy recipe
>for me to take to Cooks Guild.  The theme is Cinco de Mayo so I'm guessing
>it better be Spanish.
>Thanks
>Olwen
Whoops!  Cinco de Mayo isn't even remotely period.  It's the anniversary of
the Battle of Puebla, during which Mexican forces defeated the French army
(c. 1845, IIRC).  You could make a salsa bandera: chopped tomatoes, peppers,
onion, cilantro, and some lime juice.  Red, white and green: very patriotic.
  Santa Ana would be proud.

Vicente

"Viva Mexico!"
Maximilian III's lasts words before they shot him.