[Sca-cooks] Re: SC - Creating a period garden

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 10:15:54 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: <LadyPDC at aol.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Re: SC - Creating a period garden

> Where ever you put the mint, plant parsley around it.  Parsley is the only
> thing I have found that stops mint from spreading.
>
> Constance

But still... I have some experience with mint too, and I'm not ever planting
it directly again... Flower pot, on a cement floor. Last time the roots
spread through the cracks at the bottom of the flower pot and contaminated
the soil right under... started spreading... We did manage to get rid of it
though, we dug up everything, I mean not only the plants, but the soil also,
and replaced it with new soil. Careful also with the stems, my mint might
have been a real mutant but it kept making these long stems that lay on the
ground, and I realised it was spreading from there too, making new roots
where it touched the ground.

Mint is dangerous. ;-)