[Sca-cooks] Coriander/Cilantro

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sat May 5 12:08:43 PDT 2001

> I've seen references to 'fresh coriander', which I understand to be the
> leaves, but I don't eat things that taste like something you rub on your
> body in the shower, so I have never used them in practice...
>
> 'Lainie

Mmm, cilantro-flavored body wash... how... tingly!
Well, all I can find are a few secondary/tertiary sources that say the
leaves are used in soups and salads (they all say basically that- perhaps
they are quoting Gerard?) and then go on in great detail about the
seeds/fruit.    Ann Hagen just mentions it as on the list of plants for St.
Gall.  I'm with Lainie about the use of the term 'fresh corander' or
Coriandrum.
Christianna