[Sca-cooks] No Sugar in 10th Century??

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 15:59:31 PDT 2001

--- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> >< My Comment: No parsley?  No oranges? Hmmnn...>
>
> Yes, no oranges (i thought you were on the list for
> these
> discussions, but maybe it was before your time,
> Balthazar). Oranges
> originally came from East or Southeast Asia. They
> were brought by
> Muslims into the Near East and eventually into
> Muslim Spain.

So, no oranges, sour or otherwise, in 10th c. England?
 Sheesh...I had better stop using orange flower honey
for my mead, then...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Pray your Gods who ask you for your blood,
For they are strong and angry jealous ones.
Or lay upon my altar now your love
I feel my time is short...there are armies moving close
Be Quick My Love.