[Sca-cooks] cubebs

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue May 8 21:58:28 PDT 2001

olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:

<< I bought some cubebs that are about the size and shape of whole black
 pepper.  They are dark but not like pepper.  They taste very pungent and
 rather sharp.  >>

This is the form my cubeb berries take also. While similar in size to black
peppercorns, they are  a bit larger. This is what the Pepperer's Guild has
been selling as 'cubebs' for the past 19 plus years. Since their research is
rather meticulous, I would assume these are the 'real thing'.

Ras