[Sca-cooks] why is saffron a mistake?

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 09:20:56 PDT 2001

--- Hrolf Douglasson <Hrolf at btinternet.com> wrote:
> --
> I noted with interest that someone said that saffron
> n a meat recipe was a mistake?
> Why??
> I have some lovely old recipes with saffron in them
> and if it was authentic to saxon surely it is
> authentis to you?
> Vara (cofused)

This is kind of a running joke on the cooks list.  A
certain Duke, who does not like saffron, has expressed
his belief that any mention of saffron in a period
recipe *must* be a scribal error.

For what it's worth, I would vote to make this Kingdom
Ideology, as well...

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(Who is confident that saffron is nothing more than a
musty curtain, ground up and colored with paprika...)

=====
Words are Trains for moving past what really has no name...