[Sca-cooks] Period gardening

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 09:10:24 PDT 2001

--- MtLion <MtLion at spdway.net> wrote:
> Pardon if stepping on toes.  And forewarning I may
> be eating filet of
> (leather) soul with the following:
>
> Inchworms in a blender or ground up via other means,
> goes against some
> traditions of killing creatures,

Actually, my intent is to do more than simply kill
these creatures, but to wipe out their entire genetic
line in my garden!!  I have no prohibitions against
killing anything except another human being, so
whipping up an inchworm parfait is well within the
realm of possibility.

 coming from another
> list this question
> arose, of how to avoid such a matter.  Discouraging
> the critters via smoke
> or cayenne-soapy-water spray or smoke sounds very
> plausible.  Anyone have a
> natural recipe for soap?

A 'period' soap recipe might keep this
topic...well...topical, and have the added bonus of
increasing my knowledge of period activities :)

> I read somewhere, moons ago, that critters munching
> on plants like to go for
> the weakest plants/least healthy plants.

Unfortunately, these critters don't discriminate at
all.  The only plants they have *not* taken after are
my Lillies (true lillies, not daylillies) and my
marigolds.  And, before the appearance of the
monsters, all of my plants were vigorous and solid.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Words are Trains for moving past what really has no name...