OT Re: [Sca-cooks] Period gardening

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu May 10 18:55:32 PDT 2001

I know I'm chiming in rather late here...I'm not an herb expert, but was
told several years ago by one who does know herbs rather well that
pennyroyal, which grows very easily, also is a good mosquito repellant,
as is eucalyptus (not easily grown, but easily found wherever dried
flowers are sold).  We usually hang a bunch of one or the other (or
both) in our pavillion at Pennsic...and it seems to work pretty well!

Kiri