[Sca-cooks] A couple of buffets I'm doing

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri May 11 22:22:14 PDT 2001

Reginleif said:
> > For the Chicken in Sage Sauce or the Icelandic Chicken?
> > I'll have to go home and dig out my recipes. These are
> > both pretty well known recipes among period foodies.
> > I'll try to post them on Monday if someone doesn't beat
> > me to it.
>
> Actually, both of the recipes would be great!

You can find numerous redactions and some original recipes for the
Icelandic Chicken and a bit of info on this recipe in this file in the
Florilegium:
chicken-msg      (138K)  8/31/00    Period and SCA chicken recipes.

I didn't find a recipe specifically for Chicken in Sage Sauce in this
file, but there is a Green Sage Sauce given in this file in the
FOOD-CONDIMENTS section:
sauces-msg       (114K) 11/28/00    Period sauces. Sauce recipes.

There is more about the source(s) of this "Icelandic Chicken" recipe
which doesn't actually appear to be an Icelandic dish in this file in
the FOOD-BOOKS section:
Harpstrang-cb-msg (34K) 10/19/99    The Harpestraeng cookbook. The
oldest
                                       cookbook in the Western world.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net