[Sca-cooks] re enactment

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Mon May 14 00:29:22 PDT 2001

Vara,

Yes, we use real weapons in our area of the reenactment world, in a similar
way, with similar rules, to Regia. I wouldn't say they were THAT heavy,
though, but it all depends on comparisons, I suppose... However those who
are doing pre-Bronze age reeanctment wouldn't be using any weapons made of
metal - more like sticks torn off trees and ground to a point on rocks (with
lots of "ooook ooook"ing, and dragging one's hairly knuckles on the ground).

Glenda.