[Sca-cooks] Roast Beef Ideas

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon May 14 21:17:05 PDT 2001

Tia Marie Kitchen wrote:

> I am VERY NEW at feasts, ie this is my forst one and it is for 50, and would
> like some QUICK, good recipies for a TOp Round Roast. Dillema #2. I have a 6
> hour drive to the feast site from my home. Should I cook before or after i
> get there? The site is nice, has a 6 burner gas stove and a HUGE oven.

As far as I'm concerned, it would depend on what else you're serving or
what else you'll need the oven for. To some extent you can adjust
cooking times depending on the size of your roasts: for example, are you
cooking whole top rounds, weighing, what, ten pounds each, or are you
cutting those into three or four for that many tables of eight? In
theory, you should only need maybe ninety minutes (or less) for these
smaller-size roasts, especially if you're only doing six or eight
smaller pieces.

I _highly_ recommend getting a good instant-read thermometer...

You probably need to think a bit about the rest of your menu, whether
there will be other baked/roast items, etc.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com