[Sca-cooks] spice merchant question

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 13:09:22 PDT 2001

>From: Sara Tallarovic <electricfish at earthlink.net>
>To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Sca-cooks] spice merchant question
>Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:01:55 -0500
>
>Has anyone on this list done much business with "Francesco Sirene, Spicer",
>a spice company in Canada?  Does anyone know if they are still in
>business?  I placed an order to them last fall and never got part of it.  I
>have sent numerous emails to them to inquire over the last 6 months or so,
>and don't hear a thing back.  I am wondering if they dropped off the
>earth.  It was a small order, but I paid in advance and I'm a little
>perturbed.
>
>-Shu'la, going back into lurk mode

Francesco was an active member of the list and though I never have done
business with him, I understood his reputation to be far better than your
experience describes. I don't recall him chiming in during recent spice
trade discussions, nor hearing from him much for a while.  Now that you've
brought him to mind, I'm a little worried about him.

Has anyone heard from Francesco?

Bonne