[Sca-cooks] RE Fwd: [Fwd: Yeah so?]] - OT OOP

Black Jade black_jade at bigpond.com
Tue May 15 20:03:14 PDT 2001

At 04:51 PM 15/05/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>         The saying "it's so cold out there it could freeze the balls off a
>         brass monkey" came from when they had old cannons like ones
>         used in the Civil War. The cannonballs were stacked in a pyramid
>         formation, called a brass monkey. When it got extremely cold
>outside,
>         they would crack and break off... Thus the saying.

And thus the concept of Ynys Fawrs Brass Monkey War came into being.   Its
held, usually in Midwinter on top of a Mountain where the frost lays so
think on the ground that the crunch of the grass as the fighters face off
is clearly auidible to the spectators.
=)  We like to put our fighters through hell here =)
-Katerine