[Sca-cooks] Cat landings WAS [Fwd: [Fwd: Yeah so?]] OT OOP

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 20:59:03 PDT 2001

>ps. Oops, I forgot the obligatory food content.  Anyone got a recipe for
>Cat?

No, let's not go there, again!   Howsabout I tell you that we have
discovered our cat, Mia, is a cheese-o-phile (what would be the real word
for that?).  One night a few weeks ago we spotted her eating something
invisible to us off the kitchen floor.  A down on the hands and knees
inspection of the situation revealed she was cleaning up tiny shavings of
parmesan cheese.  Research in ensuing weeks tells us she also like high
quality cheddar, bulgarian sheeps milk cheese, and brie, especially a bit of
the rind.

BTW, a mix of the sheeps milk cheese and brie is a good Savory toasted
cheese combination.  We've had it one day last week over penne and brocoli.
Tonys comment, 'Now THIS is macaroni and cheese!'  Not having thought up
anything better to do with the rest of each lump of cheese, we repeated the
whole meal last night. FYI, baby artichokes in vinagret are exactly the
right thing to eat with it.  And scrape a little parmesan over the pasta and
savory cheese, says Maddie who is reading over my shoulder like a rude girl.
*ahem*

(though the whole meal was her idea in the first place, I'll admit.)

Bye,
Bonne