[Sca-cooks] Finally First Feast

SCAbeathog at cs.com SCAbeathog at cs.com
Wed May 16 00:19:45 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/15/2001 3:07:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu writes:

<< (Am still looking for possible recipe for the Yummy Spinach Balls.)

 -M >>

Try this:
2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen chopped spinach (thaw and squeeze out excess water)
1 small onion, chopped (I usually cook this a bit in the melted butter)
3 cups stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farms blue label)
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
3/4 c. melted butter
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. salt (I add pepper, because I add it to EVERYTHING!)

Mix all ingredients; roll into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
Chill (I don't usually do this) 2 - 3 hours.    Bake 350 degrees for 15 - 20
minutes.

I make these, and they ARE good!  I usually prefer fresh garlic, but find the
garlic powder satisfactory in this recipe (although I probably use more - I
never measure).  Just don't use garlic SALT - ugh!

Enjoy,
Beathog