[Sca-cooks] OT OOP But too funny to pass up.

Lisbeth Herr-Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Wed May 16 13:58:11 PDT 2001

Actually, Teaberries are an edible native woodland plant to North East US. Theya re the base for the original bubblegum flavor, but are vastly superior. They have a slight mint-like tingle. You can usually find it at as a featured flavor the better icecream shops in the summer, but at no other time of year here in PA.

I won an icecream contest at summer camp as a kid by making teaberry icecream, though I wouldn't know how to locate 'em NOW. If I could remember half the things I dismissed as unusuable information  in my youth, I'd be a far happier woman.....

Cheers

Aoife

> Anyway. You can get teaberry ice cream in central PA, or at least you can
> at one particular restaurant on the outskirts of Lewisburg right off US
> 15. I don't think there is a tea, though. Teaberries are small red
> teaberry-flavored candies.
> Margaret FitzWilliam
>
> > Aha!  A kinder, gentler mint chewing gum.  Now that
> > you mention it, I have had *something* related to
> > teabury, but I can't, for the life of me, think of
> > what it was.  Do you know if anyone puts out a Teabury
> > Tea??  This is going to bug me all day, and I've got
> > caterings to do....
> >
> > Balthazar of Blackmoor

     <waves at Pixel/Margaret>

     Wasn't there a Teaberry/Teabury gum (Clark's)?  All I can remember is
the TV commercial with the "Teaberry shuffle."

Sandra Kisner (humming the Teabury shuffle theme)
sjk3 at cornell.edu

"History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History
is who we are and why we are the way we are." -David
McCullough

"History is a vast early warning system."-Norman
Cousins

"History is the record of an encounter between character
and circumstance." -Donald Creighton