[Sca-cooks] squash recipes

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed May 16 16:54:40 PDT 2001

Krysta asked:
> I am looking for some sort of recipe for squash for a feast in a couple of months.  I
> have tried to look up different recipes but I think I must lack the magic touch.
>
> Can any one out there give any ideas for a summer feast with squash?? There will be
> beef and turkey served as the main meat dishes.

Perhaps this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of the Florilegium
might
be of interest:
gourds-msg        (71K)  2/ 9/01    Gourds, pumpkins, squash. Recipes.

For the turkey, check this file in the FOOD section:
turkeys-msg       (44K)  2/23/01    Use of turkeys in Rennaissance
Europe.

If you are thinking of roasting the beef, perhaps some of the
information
and hints in this file might be useful:
roast-meats-msg   (66K)  7/ 3/00    Hints and period recipes for beef
roasts.

or maybe in the pursuit of economy, this one:
cheap-meats-msg   (18K)  9/ 4/97    Cheap meats for feasts. Cooking with
them.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net