[Sca-cooks] Kitten help

upsxdls_osu at us.inter.net upsxdls_osu at us.inter.net
Fri May 18 08:17:48 PDT 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001 14:32:37 -0000 you wrote:
> Sieggy! You meany!  Your supposed to lift the cat up with the top of your
> foot and hurl it against the wall and see how many walls it will bounce off
> in one fling while you calmly tell it never to scratch you again.
> ...mumblegrumble..flush..silly notion..mumble..
I really, REALLY hope you're kidding...surely they're in jest, Poppy, no, ouch,
get off the darned mouse, no, quit biting me, ouch, dammit quit climbing my bare
leg, sh-- didn't mean to send that message!

> My cat's like to scratch on wood so I have a pine 2 x 4 leaning against the
> wall they have-at.  A squirt gun is also a good training item.  Buy them in
> bulk and leave them lying all around the house because sure as rain, you
> will need one in every room!  Unless of course it is ok with you that Poppy
> lounges on your counter tops or makes a path through your whatnot shelf or
> sleeps in the potato bin or climbs the curtains or makes quick work of
> de-stuffing the couch.
> Olwen

Poppy is still too small to get to the counter tops - but, she loves to sit on
the kitchen table supports and claw and scratch any body parts within reach. It
took me several trys to figure out where she was coming from. So far, my friends
still think she's "cute".
She hasn't found the whatknot shelf, yet. Has been trapped in the pantry,
though, making the most heart-rending cries. Can't get to the potato bin - no
curtains, but almost hanged herself on the mini-blind cord yesterday.  Amazing
how you learn which yowls mean, "I'm bored, play with me." vrs "I'm in deep
doodoo here, HELP!" Just like a new baby.
I did have to laugh, she ran headon into the front of the sterio cabinet. It has
one of those magnetic closers that pops open when you press it.  She looked sooo
shocked when the door hit her back!

Liadan