[Sca-cooks] OT OOP But too funny to pass up.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat May 19 09:41:46 PDT 2001

Kathleen Hogan wrote:

> > Remember putting Fizzies in your mouth?
>
> Oh, yeah!  Mom used to get mad at me for it...told me that it'd eat my
> stomach out.  I was 8 or 9 at the time and wondered how she caught me.
> Never thought about the color of my tongue.  I just liked the way they
> fizzed in my mouth.  I thought it was cool when they came out with Zotz that
> did the same thing.

Ooh! I loved Zotz! Of course when _I_ was young, we were busy telling
each other that if you ate a bunch of Pop Rocks and then drank Coke,
your stomach would explode and your would die horribly, 'cause that's
what happened to Mikey from the Life commercial... (yes, I've seen the
Snopes website, so don't do it). We also ate jello right out of the
little envelope, and sunflower seeds until they were banned at school.
Then we still ate them but were better at cleaning up the shells, which
may have been the point. There was also a fad for cinnamon toothpicks,
until Blaze Julum got to screwing around with one, rubbed his face with
it because it felt cool, and broke out in a ghastly rash. But he's also
the one who dived off of the end of the dock one day (we all lived up at
Lake Tapps) and didn't realize they'd stared draining the lake a little
early- hit a snag and scalped himself. For a long time he looked like a
lobotomy patient... I think he was also the one  who discovered that if
you picked up the cafeteria macaroni and cheese (it would come off in
one big blob) and threw it one the wall, it would stick there. Until Mrs
Muir saw it and then the Wrath of Heaven would come down...

> Ahhhhhh, the fond memories of youth.

Yup. *burp*

'Lainie