[Sca-cooks] Re: Vendor Discounts & Commercial Nature OT

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat May 19 16:47:02 PDT 2001

Devra the Baker commented:
> Yes, I do get a discount from my vendor.  This enables me to pay for a dealer space at events, and shipping costs to events, and paper bags, and the charges to the credit card company, and such like.
>
> I'd be very happy to talk about merchanting, and profits, but it probably should be in direct email, since I don't think everyone's interested.

Devra, I do have one similar file in the Florilegium. If you or anyone
else has comments about stuff in it, or additional comments, please feel
free to send me email I can add to this. In the COMMERCE section:
merchanting-msg   (52K) 11/27/00    Merchanting in the SCA.

There is also this file, just in case someone is interest in how the
period merchants did things:
Med-Merchants-CA  (  K)  3/ 5/01    "Medieval Merchants and Artisans" by
                                       Catriona Macperson (AKA Milly McCloskey).

This is a copy of the Compleat Anachronist that was originally published
on this subject.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net