[Sca-cooks] online glossary?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 20 20:29:00 PDT 2001

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu asked:
> Is anyone interested in starting, or has anyone already started, an online
> glossary of medieval cookery terms? I'm especially interested in working on
> one that provides citations (such as the one in "2 15th C. Cookery Books").

Well, Phillipa Seton did start one. It is in the Florilegium FOOD section
as:
p-food-terms-lst   (9K)  9/25/00    List of period food terms maintained
by
                                       Phillipa Seton.

However, I've never gotten any updates to this version, so I don't know
if it is an ongoing project or not.

I know you have your own website, but if you would like to create and
maintain such as list as an ongoing project, I would be willing to
donate space in the Florilegium for it. Or if a team of folks would
like to work on this, this would still apply. I believe the OED is
a team project, correct?
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net