[Sca-cooks] Re: cake documentation?

KarenO kareno at lewistown.net
Mon May 21 06:46:44 PDT 2001

    Greetings one and all!

    I ran across a recipe for a dense rich cake  {read "pound"} that was
"borrowed" from colonial Williamsburg.  That lead me to remember a Nun's
cake shared on this list, supposedly English 15th century.  Both contained
extracts & baking powder, but there has  gotta be something known about
larger cakes such as these  {ya know the pound of fair flour, butter & eggs}
I've been searching my cookbook collection,  hunted the Flori-thingy,
something found by a friend in Digby I'll see today,  and  I found something
from Martha WAshington,  but litle else.    Any help with this?

Caointiarn