[Sca-cooks] question of Italian meats

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue May 22 06:28:14 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/22/01 9:17:16 AM, Etain1263 at aol.com writes:

<< Just out of curiosity...are the former: male teens, and the latter: female?
My sons and friends inhale food...almost any way, shape, or form!  Their
girlfriends are pickier.

I found out from my teaching cooking to teens....
Boys will eat anything that does not have fruit or flowers in it.
Girls will question every ingredient that goes in, and will not eat the end
result.

Ages 3-7 If simple, and they made it. They will eat it.
8-10 They will make, eat it, and experiment with new things
11-14 Boys will try it. Girls will think it's yucky.....
15-18 Boys don't come to cooking classes. Girls will, but will critique the
whole thing, make the recipe, and throw it out to get a hamburger later.

Been there, done that.

I teach cooking classes from 4-10 now. Why try to change perceptions set in
stone??
Occasionally, I'll open it up to someone who seems particularly interested
above or below that age.

Andrea
Ostgardr