[Sca-cooks] apple eggs

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 07:01:52 PDT 2001

>      I saw the pictures  {love those Boobies!!}How did you do this { the
>eggs, not the boobies}?  are they pickled & squished into a form?
>  Aluminus of UC Davis, home of the square tomato}

>ME ME ME!!  I'd  like to see a better picture,  and the instructions  too!!
>
>Caointiarn

The apple eggs are made quite eaisily.  First you boil the eggs.  The trick
is to peel them while they are hot and pinch them between your fingers top
and bottom to form the dimples.  Then you smear some yellow food coloring on
the eggs in a random mottled fashion and then you do the same with red food
coloring.  I place a clove (without the little ball part) in the bottom and
a rose leaf (or some such) in the top dimple with a clove that has the
little ball part for the "stem".  These are best made shortly before
serving.  They can be made the night before but the colors seem to go flat
and take away that "textured" effect.

I'll take pictures of the process.  Really.  They are easy.
Olwen