[Sca-cooks] question of Italian meats

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Tue May 22 21:16:00 PDT 2001

In lists.sca.sca-cooks, you wrote:
>Is there a good generic name for these kinds of things? In other words,
>if you were searching a big list of files :-) in what file would you
>expect to find info on such things? ham-msg for instance? Or, since that
>is a different part of the pig's anatomy, would you not look there?

I'd look in "smallgoods" which, in Australia at least, refers to all
kinds of cured meat products including ham, bacon, and sausage-like
things (salami etc).  I gather that "smallgoods" isn't a common term
here (in Canada) though.

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud at infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
Metal is for wearing. Flesh is for changing. You wouldn't understand