[Sca-cooks] source list

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue May 22 21:49:37 PDT 2001

Cindy Renfrow said:
> Here are the texts I know to be online.  Many of these are only available
> as scanned images and are not searchable.  If any of you know of others,
> please send me the url.
>
> Le Menagier de Paris - in French and English.
>
> Apicii De re coquinaria - in Latin

<snip>

Wow. Quite a list.

I do have a message file with the messages that describe some of
these online cookbooks. It is in the FOOD-BOOKS section:
online-ckbks-msg  (23K)  4/11/01    Online versions of period cookbooks.

Cindy, if you've been keeping up with this list, then I doubt there is
anything new to you in that file. However, it might be worth checking.

In the future, as soon as I finish editing it, you can also add this
excellant piece of work to your list:
Guidados1-art    (125K)  5/??/01    A translation of Ruperto de Nola’s
                                       1529 "Libre del Coch", part 1 of
2
                                       by Lady Brighid ni Chiarain.
Guidados2-art    (125K)  5/??/01    "Libre del Coch". part 2 of 2.

We also expect to be adding the original, untranslated manuscript
later.

This will be in a new section of the Florilegium, FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS.

Also, I don't know if you are limiting your list to just cookbooks or
not. If not, there is this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
Palladius-art     (41K) 11/18/99    Palladius' treatise on gardening 1420.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net