[Sca-cooks] Chinese hotpots (was RE: fondue)

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Wed May 23 09:52:42 PDT 2001

A few years ago, I received one from a friend of mine as a birthday gift.

The walls on mine are fairly thin, and unfortunately, the column is just
slightly narrower than a standard catering sterno can.  I'm still looking at
alternate sources.  I've tried charcoal, which works pretty well....
provided I remember to leave the bloody thing alone long enough to cool off
when I'm finished.

If I don't I end up reciting that little mantra I used to use with the Ponte
Alto Cook's Guild "Boroghul...*this* is why you shouldn't fry bacon while
naked"

Boro.