[Sca-cooks] Which are the spiices for recipe?

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed May 23 11:29:20 PDT 2001

Olwen asked:
> Hi all.  I can't seem to lay hand on the recipe for Hedgehogs.  I know it is
> lamb and beef ground with some bread crumbs and I _think_ only pepper and
> clove but I cann't remember.  I know there isn't too much spice in it but
> mace or clove or what?  If no one has this handy then I shall just wing it
> for Queens Brunch.

You must have missed my private email answer on this earlier.

Check these two files in the Florilegium:
In the FOOD section:
illusion-fds-msg  (86K)  1/18/01    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised
food.

In the FOOD-SWEETS-DECORATED section:
sotelties-msg    (199K) 11/ 1/00    Sotelties and Warners - decorated
food.

The first has several mentions of "hedgehogs". The second has several
period recipes for "hedgehogs" as well as a number of redactions.

Since there are several different recipes, I don't think I want to try
to select the best one for you and post it here.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net