[Sca-cooks] Pennsic possibility...

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed May 23 11:40:16 PDT 2001

Angeline asked:
> Is the Caer Frig end of the lake the end with the best fishing?  I
> fished a little on the other side of the lake last year, but wasn't
> very serious about the fishing.  Just wanted to sit alone and think.
>
> >Funny, I thought I saw someone on that list (Caer Frig) talking about
> >bringing a hot tub...and you're right next door to Orluk Oasis, so the
> >dancing boys/girls are right there anyway!!!!
> >
> >Kiri

I don't know. Perhaps the fisherman/woman makes more differance.
Frederick's daughter was hauling them in, and pretty consistantly.
She was doing a lot better than the rest of the folks added together.

If you catch something, and wish to consider period methods for
cooking it, perhaps this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium
might prove interesting:
Complet-Anglr-msg (14K)  5/26/00    Recipes from "Compleat Angler",
1653.

Unfortunately, this is just the recipes from the book. If you can find
a copy of the book, you might be able to try some period angling
methods.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net