[Sca-cooks] Chinese hotpots (was RE: fondue)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed May 23 22:41:01 PDT 2001

Christianna commented:
> > The opening on mine is too small for a sterno can.  Believe me, I
> > tried.
>
> Hey, you know what?  You aren't restricted to the size of a can of sterno.
> Find a small metal container that will fit, then take a spoon and scoop out
> the sterno from it's can into the new container.  Works like a charm!

Also, Sterno comes in at least two different size cans.

I imagine that one advantage of the Sterno can is the tightly closing
lid to seal any unused portion. If the small size will fit, but isn't
generally available in your area, perhaps you can buy one elsewhere and
then keep refilling it from the larger size can which is available.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net