[Sca-cooks] period haggis recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed May 23 22:58:46 PDT 2001

Ras commented:
> mark.s.harris at motorola.com writes:
> << Take [th]e Roppis with [th]e talour,......<snip>>>
>  >
>  > Take the Guts with the tallow, <snip>
>
>  Do you have any period recipes that besides the grains and other
>  fillers, include the other organ meats? >>
>
> I don't understand what you are asking. The 2 recipes posted by Cindy are
> definitely not based on grain and obviously based on organ meats, You can't
> get closer to an organ than 'guts', IMO.

Urr, Oops. Yes, I guess I overlooked the "guts" in the midst of all
the bread, yolks, cream or sweet milk etc.

I do notice the phrase "great stomach of the Sheep". Since Sheep are
ruminants like cows, does this mean they have multiple stomaches? Is
there any particular reason this particular stomach is singled out?
I imagine because of it's size, but maybe theres some other reason,
too?
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net