[Sca-cooks] OT: coffee soap question

Kelsey kelsey9 at mindspring.com
Thu May 24 17:03:55 PDT 2001

I honestly can't say for sure.  I've never tried it with rebatch, melt &
pour, or any of it's relations.  It's an excellent idea though.  You might
try using a tablespoon of very finely ground coffee per pound of
soap.  Much more than that and it will become _quite_ rough to wash
with.  I might even go so far as to add the grounds to the soap while it's
melty, and heat it just a wee bit longer.  Sort of infusing the coffee into
the gooey soap.  To make the soap a little more moisturizing you can add a
tablespoon or so of olive oil (or something wonderfully decadent like
avocado oil).  The amount of handwashing we do in the kitchen tends to be
rough on skin.

Let me know how it comes out if you try it.  I'm always eager to learn more
about soapy experiments.
If you'd like to discuss this further and not OT the list please feel free
to mail me offlist.

Love and light and laughter
Kelsey

At 06:48 PM 5/23/01 -0400, Damascena inquired:
>Kelsey, do you know if one could use soap noodles, rebatch, and use the
>coffee and have
>it work the same way yours does?

"When we try to pickout anything by itself, we find it hitched to
everything else in the universe."
-John Muir