[Sca-cooks] Sweet onions in period Europe

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat May 26 09:04:28 PDT 2001

On 26 May 01,, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> > From: http://members.aol.com/oddwonder/foodhis.htm
> >
> > Historians tell us that a sweet onion was the favorite dessert of the Romans. BBB-22
> >
> > (No referance though. And the same site also says:
> > All members of the Roman empire were vegetarians until Julias Caesar. BBB-69
> >
> > So I question the validity of this site. I don’t know what the “BBB-22” is.

The site's bibliography is on a separate page:
http://members.aol.com/oddwonder/biblio.htm

BBB-22 is "Ripley's Believe It Or Not", Bonanza Books, Crown
Publishing, 1985
BBB-69 is "2201 Fascinating Facts" by David Louis, Greenwich House,
New York, 1983
Most of his other sources are similar in quality.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net