[Sca-cooks] Vidalia Onions

Tue May 29 14:14:51 PDT 2001

I was trying to give an engineering response to an engineering question
based on my understanding of the physics of humidifying an oven.

The carmelization temperatures are empiric based on experiences with my
ovens.  I don't know how well they will hold for other locales and other
ovens.  In other words, I could be very wrong.

Margaret wanted to try an oven roasted Vidalia after seeing featured at a
restaurant a few days ago.  I don't have Vidalias, but I do have some Texas
Sweets, so I'll probably be preparing roasted onion tonight.

Bear