[Sca-cooks] Re: wormwood

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed May 30 07:06:13 PDT 2001

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Daniel Phelps wrote:

> I seem to recall that there was an article on absinthe in Scientific
> American a few years back, out of period but interesting.

Since I was wandering the customs website yesterday (a friend is in Spain
and is bringing back saffron, so I was researching how much she can bring
back..) and found this:

"The importation of Absinthe and any other liquors or liqueurs that
contain an excess of Artemisia absinthium is prohibited."

Saffron, OTOH, is not restricted. Although I doubt she'll want to use up
her entire duty exemption on saffron.

Margaret FitzWilliam