SC - Nefs picture

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue May 1 13:28:46 PDT 2001

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Wow.  The picture is wonderful.  I loved the heraldic outfits.  I wish I
> could read the text.  What is it about?  Anyone know?

It's a picture from one of the French _Chronicles_ (one of the Charles',
but I don't remember the #)  and it is a feast during the visit of
Wenceslaus of Bohemia (the guy in red with the hoop over his crown) to
the French court. The guys on the right are staging a re-enactment of
the seige of Jerusalem. IIRC, the guy near the bottom of the ladder in
the gold with black lion (matching banner on the boat) is Geoffery of
Bouillon.
Cool pic- did you notice the tablecloths with the woven diapered
pattern?

'Lainie