SC - Mongol Cooking

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Tue May 1 16:00:30 PDT 2001

>Oh well, we're nothing if not helpful around here.
>
>I understand that lungs are not particularly good eating, the Dept. of Ag. in
>their wisdom have banned their sale in the USA.  My guess would be that unless
you
>are a really gung-ho haggis maker, you can probably give them a miss.  On the
>other hoof, that sounds like a good price for a good liver and heart.
>
>Selene, in a land without pluck, but miles and miles of heart

I'm kinda glad I'm living in Australia when redacting recipes from ASFTQ, as
Mutton is dirt cheap and plentiful, but we have no one researching (or even
seriously interested in) other parts of Mongol culture.  I'd love to run a
feast with Mongol food but I have little idea of the other parts that would
need to be present (such as entertainment, garb, serving style, etc.) to make
it an enjoyable evening.   Anyone offer any pointers?

Cheers,

Drake.