SC - Lamb's Plucks

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue May 1 16:29:07 PDT 2001

Drake commented:
> ps.  A local butcher rang me yesterday and said he could get Lamb's Plucks for
> about $US7 ea.  A Puck is the Heart, Lungs, & Liver joined by the viscera.
> There are several recipes I want to try in ASFTQ that contain lungs as an
> ingredient.  I'm still yet to find testers though...

Besides haggis, there are also some other dishes that have been
mentioned here that you could use some of those parts for. Although,
haggis is the only one that immediately occurs to me that uses lungs.
Just in case your group is already tired of haggis...

In the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
haggis-msg        (79K) 10/ 6/99    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on
haggis.
organ-meats-msg   (96K)  4/30/01    Period cooking of organ meats.
  (I added a bunch of new stuff to this file yesterday. I'll try to
get it online ASAP).

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net