SC - Creating a period garden

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 13:43:25 PDT 2001

- --- LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> This years garden includes
> turnips,

Very impressive garden, Ras.  Quick question, though
regarding your turnips, if you don't mind...

When did you plant your turnips, and are they
currently producing?  I planted mine in mid-March, and
am being overwhelmed with beautiful greens, but no
turnips.  They are the typical Purple Top White Globe
variety, but aside from a few thumb-sized attempts at
production, all I'm getting is the tops.  I know they
are a cool weather crop, but they should have produced
by now, right?  I'm pretty sure my Yard-Long Beans
will produce before my Turnips do at this rate...

Also, I have never seen an actual sesame plant... care
to describe it?  And, possibly offer a source for the
seed? (I'm assuming I can't plant the seeds from the
grocery store....)

Along this line, has anyone had any luck growing long
pepper or cubebs from the dried seed?

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
"The half full glass and the half empty glass both contain the same amount of liquid...the half empty glass, however, has a fly in it."