SC - What would you do? or 2 months to freak out

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed May 2 14:13:47 PDT 2001

> Actually you might want to check out your local Sam's/BJ/Costco....often they
> have the large institutional size jars of olives, so they might not be quite as
> expensive as you think!

> > Pickles! Could I have forgotten pickles?! Cheap and easy is getting the
> > big jars of whole dills, which when sliced into spears appear to have MORE
> > volume than pickles bought as jarred spears. Bread & Butter or sweet
> > pickles go quickly. Olives are snapped up immediately around here, but
> > they are very expensive. Pickled mushrooms always have an audience, but
> > don't mix them in with anything else. Other kinds of pickles also go well.

We did, this year, but could find no big jars of olives or packs that were worth it. Most
of the olive freaks want whole, unstuffed olives (or at least olives stuffed with
something interesting, not the same old pimento).

At Christmas time, SAM'S had variety jars that were very nice, and we wish we had gotten
more.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net