SC - bananas and bowels

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Wed May 2 17:10:35 PDT 2001

A quick point, Bear

My father has just (four weeks ago today) had 10" of bowel removed due to
cancer, and is suffering somewhat from aformentioned 'loose bowels' as his
body gets used to having less bowel than it was used to. The cancer council
recommended bananas as being good for this, as they didn't produce
diarrohea, and also replaced some of the Vitamin (K??) that one loses more
in a loose-bowel moment.

However, that's not to say that they didn't THINK it caused this... It does,
however, keep you 'regular'.

BTW: No food content on this post! It just wouldn't be right...

Glenda.

BTW: For those interested, Dad found it quick enough, they removed it less
than a week after he initially went to his local doctor, and he doesn't even
need Chemo. A very happy man indeed!