SC - need spanish recipe

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed May 2 12:08:46 PDT 2001

Not period, and not precisely Spanish either.

Cinco de Mayo commemorates the Battle of Puebla in 1812, a sort of Mexican
Agincourt, where the extremely outnumbered Mexicans whupped the trews off the
cocky French under Napolean III and declared their independence.
<http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm>

It is a major party night in California, Texas and other border states of the
USA, and this year it's on a Saturday.  Whee.  Get off the streets early kids,
Tequila rides the highways tonight.

A Scots-Canadian friend of mine here in Los Angeles holds a Cinq de Mai party
and serves French snacks and wine, just to be contrary.  If she could find some
appropriately thunderous French music to drown out the ubiquitous Mariachi,
she'd crank it up.

You might want to bring some Napolean pastries, then explain yourself.  Churros
maybe?

Selene