[Sca-cooks] Atenveldt cooking attitudes redux

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 06:32:44 PST 2001

Last weekend I went to the Atenveldt Coronation here
in Phoeninx and it was beautiful. The church was a
Spanish/Norman mix but was so nice that you didn't
have to squint your eyes very much to not see any
mundanity. I amused Selene by leaning over to her
at one point during the ceremony and whispering,
"Um...If I get lucky in the lists, I want this!"

I spent a bit of time in the kitchen. Once again it
was strange not being really known. I went in and asked
if I could help, the kitchen master at the time said,
"I don't know, can you do anything?" Thankfully someone
in there knew me and told him, "This is Gunthar, he can
do pretty much anything you need."  :-D

But I had fun chopping carrots and even splitting up
frozen chicken breast bundles. And I got to meet a lot
of fun people.

The best part of the event was when I was accosted by a
bunch of foodies and several Laurels and we all talked
food. It was great, a bunch of us huddled in a corner
talking period recipes and feasts and cooking competitions.
I was even invited to participate in a cooking competition
for this weekend. Unfortunately it was also being held
during war training and I do have a duty to my newly adopted
kingdom. No problem, I was then invited to be a judge for
the competition. I happily agreed to this and was looking
forward to it. Unfortunately my truck had a bit of a disagreement
with a slick road and a car stopped in front of me so I won't
be able to make it to the event this weekend. :-(

But I just wanted to apologized to the Kingdom of Atenveldt and
let y'all know that there are indeed those who have a love of
period food. Now we just need to slowly introduce the real flavor
of this cuisine to the rest of the populace.

Yers,

Gunthar