[Sca-cooks] Need Recipes for Yule Contests...

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 10:50:02 PST 2001

I've very much enjoyed everyone's opinions on different subjects...I figured
I would post this to the list and see if people have some good recipes to
share that will go with the contests.  I appreciate the help! :)

"Best Authentic Dish: Make your potluck dish from an authentic pre-1600
recipe to be part of this contest. Must bring a copy of the recipe to be
eligible for this contest."

"Best Dish Using Winter Vegetables: Those used in pre-1600 Europe, that
is: carrots, turnips, beets, cabbage, winter squashes, etc. NO Spuds
(unless you can find an authentic recipe - we know of one) and no yellow
cheese so Her Excellency Ælfwyn can judge. Must include ingredient list
and extra points for using an authentic recipe (bring a copy of it.)
This contest is part of Altavia's yearly A&S competition!"

Our Baroness is a veggie-terran ::evile grin::, so I'd actually love to see
period recipes that would cover the contests above. ;)

Hmm...I'm not sure if this is cheating or not either...so if this is
considered cheating, then please let me know and I'll figure something else
out.  I don't want to cheat!

--Artemesia