[SCA-Cooks] Medieval cooking for non-cooks

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 13 15:23:48 PST 2001

>>> If anyone has any more like these, I would be interested in seeing them.

Stefan, have you gotten a copy of my "Period Cooking for the Wary" handout?  It has a number of recipes (I tend to vary them occasionally, because I often do it with tastings and I don't want to get bored!) just as you ask.  They are simple, use familiar ingredients and methods (with the occasional adaption to crockpot or other handy item offered as an alternative), and have the original, source, translation, etc.

I've taught it a number of times in Ansteorra but mostly around my region.

                                ---= Morgan

"What this country has needed for a long time is to kick butt."
                                          ---=  Lewis Grizzard