[Sca-cooks] Intro

Weems, Lora Lora.Weems at ssa.gov
Thu Nov 15 09:25:14 PST 2001

Hi, Olwen, I so wish I was on the east coast so I could
meet you -

My name, Leoffwyn, I found it on a web site, I can't currently
find the URL but am searching.  It is an Anglo-Saxon dithemetic
"Leof" (from whence the modern 'love') and "Wyn" or "Wynn"
beaning 'friend'.  Thus, 'Beloved Friend'.

The 'atte Gos' means "from or at, the Sign of the Goose".
My persona is a late 12th-early 13th century inkeeper,
my inn is the White Goose.

Mundanely, I have a small (5-acres,well in Texas it's small) farm,
and I have several breeds of domestic geese and ducks, chickens,
pigeons, guinea fowl, turkeys, etc etc.

Also, my husband and I hunt (reindeer haggis, no, but caribou
steaks, YES! also whitetail, elk, etc) so I have lots of wild
meat for feasts.

So I have a long-time interest in cooking, both period- and non-,
and access to meats that are not common, if you don't live near
one of the markets that y'all have been describing and I've been
drooling over. I'm popular at Michaelmas)

Our Canton doesn't currently have a cooks guild, so I am having to
get my ideas on my own.  I can't express how much I appreciate
'listening' to so many different ideas.

Sorry to be using up so much room, but I am a red-head and a Texan,
and it's hard to shut me up...My household's web page, if anyone
is interested, is: www.geocities.com/lordaelfhelm/AElfhelm.html.