[Sca-cooks] Bread question

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:38:28 PST 2001

A question for all the baker types out there...

I'm considering baking bread for an upcoming feast.  The last time I tried
this, I baked the bread ahead of time and froze the finished loaves.  I
wasn't exactly happy with the results, needless to say.

I'm looking at doing a very simple bread: flour, water, yeast, salt, rise
once, shape, rise again and bake.  Can the dough be frozen after the first
rise without killing the yeast?  Or should I try to mix it up onsite the
night before and let it rise in the walk-in fridge?

Of course, we have some very good Italian bakeries in town...

Vicente